Thursday, December 12, 2013

Geographical Center of Gravity


I should be living in North View Crescent Epsom, Surrey in the UK. I entered all the places I have ever lived into the Geographic Midpoint Calculator and then entered the length of time I have lived at each location and the app informed my of my geographic center. I even got to view the house I should be living in on Street View.

The Geographic Midpoint Center finds the exact point that lies halfway between two or more places. Like me you can use it to find your personal center of gravity - the geographical average location for all of the places you have ever lived. Alternatively you could use it to find the midpoint where you and your friends should meet. Just add all your friends' locations onto the map and you can find the best place that you all should meet to cut down on your average travel times.

No comments: